Recently a SAM client wrote in to ask if he could use his dictation software with SAM. I had never tried so before, but it turns out that you can dictate with SAM! This is an especially helpful tool for long case notes or therapy sessions.
For PC Users:
- Open up the communication or note you wish to edit.
- Place your curser in the text field (memo field)
- Press the Windows logo key + H key (if you’re using a tablet or a touchscreen, tap the microphone button on the touch keyboard to start dictating). Click here for more information.
For Mac Users:
- Enable dictation in your computer settings
- Open up a new communication or note, or click "edit" next to an existing one.
- Place your cursor in the note section and press the shortcut to begin dictation that you set up (it's Fn Fn by default), or click Edit > Start Dictation at the top of your browser.