Understanding the Structure of SAM
It's helpful to have a basic understanding of SAM structure. Knowing how the entities, tables, and fields work together will let you use SAM like a pro!
1. Watch the 2 minute video overview of SAM structure
2. Take a Look at your Setup
Let's use what we've learned in the video to think about the structure of the primary program you started working on in step one.
- Login to your SAM site
- Navigate to Settings > Tables & Fields
- Scroll down to find the tables under the program you are working on. For example, if you are starting with family programs, scroll to the Family table.
- Look over the existing table structure. Are there tables you would like to rename (such as "Applicant 1" to "Parent 1"), remove, or reconfigure? Jot down notes for your discussion with our team.
There's more to discover
This is a very basic overview of how SAM is structured. As you begin adding and using data in your SAM system, you'll learn more about how tables can relate to the overall record for a person, organization, or group.
When you're ready to explore further, check out our video on table relationships and multi record tables.